Experience in 12d Model with completion of a Design Basics Course.
In some cases, working through the ‘Getting Started for Design’ Manual is sufficient – enquire upon booking.
D07: Design, Tri-mesh Pavement
- Pavement Manager
- Creation of a Pavement Manager, that includes pavement definitions, kerb profiles and verge details.
- Creation of attributes for each layer in the pavement definition
- Explanations of pavement layer offsets and end slopes.
- Model and tin naming conventions
- Pavement (Trimesh) Snippets
- Detailed explanation and use of MTF snippets pertaining to design features
- Pavement design with kerb and channel
- Pavement design for freeway/arterial roads
- Footpath/landscape design
- Pavement design for kerb returns and cul-de-sacs
- Overlay & Widening
- Cutback treatment and corrector
- Construction Pavement Preparation
- Re-creation of Design from strings
- Analysis and editing of supplied data strings
- Understanding what is good and bad data
- Identifying crossing and duplicated strings
- Pavement from tins
- Preparation of tin surfaces, including surface colouring for:
- Applying pavement definitions to the coloured areas of the tin
- The extension of pavement using strings selected as “Edge Treatments”
- Creation of Tin surfaces from trimesh pavement
- Use of the Pavement Manager and snippets to set and create the tins
- Use of other options outside of the Apply MTF to create the tins
Please note courses may occasionally be cancelled or amended if trainers' availabilities change. If a change to a course occurs and you are unable to attend the new time, we will transfer your registration to the next available course.
All courses are non-refundable if you change your mind.