SPOT - Civil Design Basics V14 - Limited Offer
Enrol in the entire course for only $300 [Limited Offer]
Average Time Commitment: 2-3 months part-time. Participants who can dedicate themselves to the study will be able to complete the course within two weeks.
Course Type: Self-Paced Online Training
Professional Certification: Two types of certificates are available for the Civil Design Basics Course. A Certificate of Completion, and Certificate of Competency with a Proctored Exam.
You will automatically receive a Certificate of Completion if you meet the requirements to complete the course.
Certificates of Competency are issued when online learners have passed an exam that is proctored by a special exam provider. It is recommended to work towards Certificates of Competency if you plan to use your course to assist you in a job application and/or promotions.
You can select the Certificate of Competency when you register for the course.
Please ensure the first and family names that the candidate uses to register exactly match the first and family names on the ID provided.
- Dual monitors are recommended (follow the videos on one and do the course work on the other)
- Alternatively, use a second computer.
- Internet Connection
- 12d Model 14
Note: for this Limited Offer, a Cloud 12d Model 14 licence will be provided free of charge for three months. Egress to Port 22350 is required to access the 12d Model 14 Cloud licence.
This course is designed for those who haven’t used 12d Model before or have only been using it for a short time. The course is aimed at teaching you the fundamentals of civil design with 12d Model, and to ensure you work efficiently using current best practices.
As a part of your course, you will access:
- 12d Model Software
- 46 Online Video Lessons
- Downloadable workbooks with assignments
- Practical and Engaging Quizzes
- Certificate upon completion
For anyone wishing to acquire new competencies or maintain a certain proficiency, attending a one-off training course every now and then isn’t enough. Through a curated series of self-paced and continuous online training programs, we’ll help you stay up to date with current best practices and give you the resources to be at the forefront of your chosen field.
o You will go through creating a new project and how to navigate around the 12d Model workspace and use the menus, toolbars, and views
o You will learn how to create CAD data and discuss the picking concepts which form the foundation of working with data in 12d.
o We will also import data from external files, and then create surfaces from that data which we will use as the basis for our road design.
o Before commencing the road design portion of the course, we will look at a pad design that enables us to explore our grading, interface, and volumetric analysis capabilities, as well as focussing on streamlining the design process and automating where possible with the use of Chains.
o Then for road design, we will create reference string horizontal and vertical geometry using the IP Method, as well as introduce the Element Method with a short example, and discuss the pros and cons of each of these methods.
o Next, we will set up our typical road geometry through the use of templates and the modifiers and templates file, or MTF, then look at modifying our design using MTF modifiers to produce parking lanes, bus bays, and road crossfall modifications. we will also discuss how to design a simple T-intersection with kerb returns.
o Once we have completed our design, we will cover how to create quick plots for our Plan, Section, and Perspective views, then set up customised cross-section, a long section, and plan frame plots using a plot parameter file and multi-page plots.
o We encourage you to follow along in 12d Model and mimic what is produced, and as we step through there will be quizzes which will test your understanding of what’s being covered in the training.
Once you have completed all the lessons and quizzes successfully, you will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Certificate of Completion
- Certificates of Completion are available to all students for any courses they complete.
- Certificates of Completion provide an incentive to work through all the way to the end of the course.
- Certificates of Completion do not include a grade or specify a number of credit hours that might influence your employment or promotions.
Certificate of Competency
- Certificates of Competency are available for a fee that varies by course.
- These certificates are issued when online learners have passed an exam that is proctored by a special exam provider.
- Certificates of Competency not only show that you’ve successfully completed the course, but also that you’ve verified your identity by using a webcam and an official ID, and that you’ve passed the proctored exam.
- It is recommended to work towards Certificates of Competency if you plan to use your course to assist you in a job application and/or promotions.
- The appearance of this certificate is different from the Certificate of Completion.
Make sure you have completed appropriate training prior to applying for the Certificate of Competency and scheduling the proctored exam.
Receiving the certificate
Certificate of Completion: You will automatically receive a Certificate of Completion if you meet the requirements to complete the course.
Certificate of Competency: will be distributed shortly after the proctored exam is complete, usually within 1 week.
Identification ( ID ) requirements for the Certificate of Competency
- The Government issued ID must have your signature and your photo.
- The name on the registration must match the name on the Government-issued ID exactly.
- The ID must not be expired.
Please note that we won’t be able to accept the following IDs:
- Renewal form with expired IDs
- Government-issued name change document with Government ID
- Expired IDs
Examples of Primary ID:
- Driver's licence
- Identification card
When registering your account, please note that your first and last name must match the name on the ID that you will present on the day of your exam. If you need to update your details so that they match your ID, please update them prior to the start of the exam.