Sorry - this product is no longer available
One-Day Survey Basics
Date: 10th October 2022
Time: 10am to 5pm (AEDT - Sydney time), with two 15-minute breaks and a half-hour break for lunch
Requirements: Dual monitors will be required so that the Trainer can be followed on one and the Course work can be done on the other. Alternatively, a second computer could also be used and projected to a screen or TV for viewing the Trainer.
An Internet Connection is required.
12d Model v15 and Codemeter drivers : 12d Model v15 Installation Document
Civil and Surveying Institute will supply a 12d Model licence and data to use for the course
12.0 SURVEY BASICS Course ID: 1DSB
Summary: This course introduces people to the use of 12d Model and its concepts for surveying work.
Prerequisites: No experience in 12d Model is necessary but basic computer skills are required along with the ability to understand and write in the English language.
• Overview of 12d concepts: File structure, On Line Help, Mouse configuration
• Screen Layout: Pull down menus, Icons, Views Models (Layers), Strings, CAD Concepts
• Importing / Exporting data
• Triangulation and analysis
• The completion of this course or the 'Getting Started for Surveying' manual is required before attending other survey courses
Important Note: This course is for showing how to use 12d Model when doing surveying work. It does not teach surveying principles.
Please note courses may occasionally be cancelled or amended if trainers' availabilities change. If a change to a course occurs and you are unable to attend the new time, we will transfer your registration to the next available course.
All courses are non-refundable if you change your mind.