Date: 2nd May 2023
Time: 10am to 5pm (AEST - Sydney time) with three 2-minute breaks
Requirements: Dual monitors will be required so that the Trainer can be followed on one and the Course work can be done on the other. Alternatively, a second computer could also be used and projected to a screen or TV for viewing the Trainer.
An Internet Connection is required.
12d Model v15 and Codemeter drivers : 12d Model v15 Installation Document
Civil and Surveying Institute will supply a 12d Model licence and data to use for the course
Course Places: 4 seats available
Course ID: 1DT
Prerequisites: For intermediate to advanced 12d model users. Completion of the Civil Design Basics Course and some experience after the course is essential, plus a reasonable knowledge of element-based Super Alignments. Previous experience in rail design and rail terminology is recommended.
This course introduces users to the 12d Track Design Tools for rail design in 12d Model 15.
• Generation of a track centreline from surveyed rails.
• Use of super alignment regression. Regression is used to develop existing geometry from a survey when the original design data is unavailable.
• Use of Super Alignment parts, Computators, and the IP method within the HIP/VIP editor, part editor and edit parts panels.
• Design of a mainline and passing loop.
• Version control and revision of horizontal and vertical alignment geometry with centreline options.
• Assessment of track slew and various reporting methods.
• Application of chainage equalities and inquiries between raw chainages and chainage equalities.
• Generation of a rail formation, and a sub-ballast capping layer using snippets.
• Generation of a rail profile for 3D rail visualisation.
• Creation and placement of turnouts.
• Calculation of rail cant to speed limits and various design constraints. Reporting methods for rail cant.
• Creation of rails, ballast strings, sleepers and a circular bored tunnel.
• Generation of a structural clearance envelope.
• Generation of a longitudinal profile, labelling of an alignment with geometry boxes, and plotting a plan profile using the multipage plot.
Please note courses may occasionally be cancelled or amended if trainers' availabilities change. If a change to a course occurs and you are unable to attend the new time, we will transfer your registration to the next available course.
All courses are non-refundable if you change your mind.