Civil Design Basics
Dates: 26th & 27th July, and 2nd & 3rd August, 2023
Time: 12 noon to 3:30pm (AEST - Sydney time), with two 15-minute breaks, each day
Requirements: Dual monitors will be required so that the Trainer can be followed on one and the Course work can be done on the other. Alternatively, a second computer could also be used and projected to a screen or TV for viewing the Trainer.
An Internet Connection is required.
12d Model v15 and Codemeter drivers : 12d Model v15 Installation Document
Civil and Surveying Institute will supply a 12d Model licence and data to use for the course
Course Places: 1 seats available
This course introduces people to the use of 12d Model and its concepts for civil work.
No experience in 12d Model is necessary but basic computer skills are required along with the ability to understand and write in the English language.
- 12d Model Interface
- String Picking Concepts
- Creating and Editing Strings
- Display Settings
- 12d Principles and Folder Structure
T01 & T02: Tins and Volumes
- Create Project with Configuration
- Importing Data – Mapfiles
- Triangulation – Edit a TIN
- TIN Information and Inquiry
- Contouring and Labelling
- Platform Design and Volumes
- Super TIN
- Importing a Raster
- Share Models and TINs
- Add Shared Models and TINs
A01: Super Alignment, IP Method
- Create Super Alignment
- Create and edit horizontal alignment using IPs
- Create and edit vertical alignment using IPs
D01: Design Basics
- Template Creation and Edit
- MTF File – Inserting design templates
- Apply MTF
- Modifying the design
P01: Plan Plot and Label
- Labelling data
- Plan plotting
P02: Sections and Plotting
- Plotting long sections
- Plotting Cross sections
Please note courses may occasionally be cancelled or amended if trainers' availabilities change. If a change to a course occurs and you are unable to attend the new time, we will transfer your registration to the next available course.
All courses are non-refundable if you change your mind.