Date: 6th December 2023
Time: 11:30am to 5pm (AEDT) - Sydney time), with two 15-minute breaks
Requirements: Dual monitors will be required so that the Trainer can be followed on one and the Course work can be done on the other. Alternatively, a second computer could also be used and projected to a screen or TV for viewing the Trainer.
An Internet Connection is required.
12d Model v15 and Codemeter drivers : 12d Model v15 Installation Document
Civil and Surveying Institute will supply a 12d Model licence and data to use for the course
5 seats available
Course ID: 1DSN
This course introduces users to writing and running snippets for design. A snippet is a collection of MTF modifiers that can be inserted as a single modifier into an MTF file. Unlike templates or MTF inserts, parameters can be used to customise snippet instances, and readability is enhanced, therefore snippets are superior to other methods for creating designs in the apply MTF function.
Completion of the Civil Design Basics Course and some experience after the course is
essential. No previous programming experience is required, however, a capacity for logical thinking is essential.
- What are snippets?
- Creating a snippet.
- Running a snippet.
- Snippet parameters. Customising a snippet instance by changing an element colour, width, height, crossfall etc.
- Automatic parameters. In-built parameters to help build powerful snippets e.g. get the tin name used from the apply MTF function.
- Snippet syntax and flow control. If, else statements.
- The creation of variables.
- How to apply mathematics.
- Creation of a road and a parking bay snippet.
- Snippet starting and ending position options.
- Debugging and error handling. Options that are available to fix errors.
- Snippet helper functions. Matching an existing crossfall value.
Please note courses may occasionally be cancelled or amended if trainers' availabilities change. If a change to a course occurs and you are unable to attend the new time, we will transfer your registration to the next available course.
All courses are non-refundable if you change your mind.