Dates: 22nd & 23rd February 2023
Time: 1 to 4:30pm (AEDT - Sydney time), with a 30-minute break, each day
Requirements: Dual monitors will be required so that the Trainer can be followed on one and the Course work can be done on the other. Alternatively, a second computer could also be used and projected to a screen or TV for viewing the Trainer.
An Internet Connection is required.
12d Model v15 and Codemeter drivers : 12d Model v15 Installation Document
Civil and Surveying Institute will supply a 12d Model licence and data to use for the course
Course Places: 5 seats available
Course ID: 1DT
Prerequisites: For reasonably experienced 12d Users! Completion of the Design Basics Course and some experience/use after the course is essential plus a reasonable knowledge of Element Based Super Alignments. Experience in Rail Design & Rail Terminology is strongly recommended.
This course introduces users to the 12d Track Design Tools for rail design in 12d Model 15.
• Calculate the Track Centreline (3D) from the Surveyed Rails
• Use of Linear & Arc Regression (Though not actually part of the Track Tools, Regression is essential for developing a CL off Surveyed Data when no Design Data is available).
• Track Slew. Creating Reports, Spreadsheets & Diagrams & Plotting the Slew.
• Rail Profiles. Producing &/or Extracting a Rail Profile.
• Turnouts. Creating & Editing Turnouts & then Placing Turnouts.
• Chainage Equalities. Equality Types & Definitions. Their use + Inquiring on Equality Chainages
• Rail Cant. Cant design, Virtual Cant, Altering Speeds to Adjust Cant, Spreadsheets & Graphs & applying the Cant to the Rails.
• Plotting the Rails, Ballast & Sleepers. A quick look at producing a Circular (Bored) Tunnel.
• Setting and running structure gauge
• Some Long Section Plot Settings/Tweaks.
Please note courses may occasionally be cancelled or amended if trainers' availabilities change. If a change to a course occurs and you are unable to attend the new time, we will transfer your registration to the next available course.
All courses are non-refundable if you change your mind.